Saturday, March 12, 2022

ROI & Optimizing Ad Performance

To expand and improve my ad performance, I learned there are several ways to give a boost to existing ad campaigns with just a few simple observations and edits. This week offered a review on keyword optimization for improving ad performance and understanding the benefits of conversions. The article that I want to remember from this week was based on the search term report found in my Google ads account. By accessing the search term report, I can see what keywords users are using to search for relevant products related to my business. For example, if a consumer is looking for a relaxing essential oil, they could enter the search term, "calming essential oil." By looking at the search term report, I can improve my keywords to match what potential consumers are searching for to draw more traffic to my website and optimize my ad performance. In Google Ads help, the article, "About the Search terms report," shows how to access the report and explains the difference between search term s and keywords. Other points to remember when using search term reports are: 

  • Modifying the search term report to view search terms used on ads, campaigns, or specific ad groups, can help maximize a list of relevant keywords that the majority of people have used resulting in showing my ads. This is a helpful information because I will be able to add, delete or pause specific keywords that are not performing as well, but may be costing me additional money to run.
  • Another factor to improving search terms is understanding match types. Match types determine how closely searches come to your keywords. Depending on how close the search terms come to showing my ads, I can make changes to my match types to be more or less specific to increase y ads presence online. 
Understanding how to use conversions to find my ROI, was more challenging for me this week. Although I understand the benefits of determining a value for conversions and how they can help me maximize my campaign budget, I have a lot more to learn in this area. Below are some helpful articles within this weeks readings that I want to reference for future use. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building & Google Analytics

The best learning experience this week was discovering how much love I have for analytics. I found researching how my website was performing...