Saturday, March 5, 2022

Relevance & Quality Score

 

This week I learned a quality score is the relevance of how useful my company ad is to the user and how well it compares to other advertisers in the same industry. The key metrics that determine my websites quality score are based on the following and will determine a score status of above average, average, or below average. 
  1. Relevance of  keywords and text in my ads. If I advertise "essential oils" in my ad, the consumer must be able to click on my ad and find essential oils or any supporting elements I have written in my ad text filling a need.
  2. A click through rate which determines how many people clicked on my ad and what is the likelihood that users will continue to do so. 
  3. Quality of my landing page and how east it is to navigate for the user.
An example of how this information is useful and how to apply improvements to a quality score would be if my ad had an average CTR, but below average in landing page experience. This means people find my ads interesting, but they are not finding what they need on my website because it isn't relevant enough to my ad. The landing page would need to be improved to match the existing ad. This could improve my overall quality score. 

Although I am new to online marketing, I found the relevance of a good quality score to be significant in streaming traffic to my site. I needed to do some additional research to fully understand the benefits of Google Analytics and how it will impact my marketing strategies. In my research, I found case studies to be informative and creative in finding what is going to work best for me as I develop my own marketing strategies. A case study I found to be helpful was from The American Cancer Society. Although I am a small company, I liked the strategy used in this case study. By organizing traffic needs in three simple categories, a scoring system was developed based on relevance to the user and what the website had to offer. This study was primarily focused on human behavior, but still applicable to the greater interests of any business marketing strategy and improving quality scores in any industry. 

Case Studies

From this weeks readings: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building & Google Analytics

The best learning experience this week was discovering how much love I have for analytics. I found researching how my website was performing...