Friday, February 18, 2022

Ads & Keywords

 

                                  Photo Source: https://www.dashtech.org/how-to-find-the-right-keywords-for-seo/

This week was an opportunity to learn how to increase traffic to my website by selecting effective keywords in a Google Ad campaign. Through this weeks readings and additional research I discovered to achieve the best outcomes will come from understanding how to create a group of words relevant to my business and products and how to implement them in my ad campaign by creating ad groups and good content.  

A couple of practices to keep in mind when creating an initial list of keywords and ad text are:

  1. An ad group should contain 5-20 keywords.
  2. Keep text content simple, clear, and to the point.
  3. Use specific (not too specific) keywords to describe a product so a customer can find it easily.
  4. Create words from the customers perspective. What would they type to find your product?
  5. Adding negative keywords to a group can help filter out people who are searching for a different product similar to your keyword.   
  6. Pull keywords from my website by adding the URL to my keyword planner
  7. Understand how match types work when creating keywords. The example below is a great visual from the tutoring resource page (Source: Google Ads help page). Each keyword match type below will determine how closely related a keyword would need to be to match a potential customers search.


Another resource I found helpful when researching how to create my ads campaign was from a YouTube video How to use Google Keyword Planner. The video provided additional insight in how to set up an effective campaign. It provided tips on how to use filters to maximize clicks, where to locate the plan overview to see location and device data, and how to use group relevance constructed by Google to save time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building & Google Analytics

The best learning experience this week was discovering how much love I have for analytics. I found researching how my website was performing...