Thursday, January 27, 2022

Site Building & Hosting

                                              https://smallbiztrends.com/2016/05/free-website-builders.html

This week there was a lot of growth in learning which site builder would work with the preferred host and domain name of my choosing. I spent a lot of time researching different site builders, gathering information on plan pricing, host capability, and ease of use to determine which applications would be at my skill level and still meet the needs of my business. 

I found the most important criteria to be for any business owner was personal preference. In researching the many site builder and hosting sites, I learned the majority of website builders integrate hosting in their applications and offer similar plans with competitive pricing. I then realized most site-builders and hosting sites make it easy for a first time e-commerce owner to build a professional website. The simplicity can make it difficult to chose a plan because of the overwhelming choices. Based on the many applications to choose from, it was difficult for me to make a decision. I then started to research some of the downfalls of these sites. For example the terms for cancellation policies, bandwidth requirements, available SEO tools, and subscription agreements. Considering some of the limitations to these applications provided opportunity to expand my knowledge and do some more research. 

What I want to remember from this week is making the effort to research when choosing a site builder and host are well worth the time invested. It would have been easy for me to go along with the popular choice in the discussion boards or to only focus on one criteria to meet the basic requirements of this course, but I wouldn't have fully grasped the concepts taught this week and I would never have known what SEO meant or why its so important to consider when starting an online business. 

By the end of the week, with confidence, I have been able to make an informative decision on what site & hosting plan works for my business. Outside of finding the right applications for my business this week, I also learned critical thinking is equally important when making good decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building & Google Analytics

The best learning experience this week was discovering how much love I have for analytics. I found researching how my website was performing...